Private Home, Remuera
On a tight urban infill site in the heart of Remuera, constrained by height to boundary and site coverage rules, we worked within the Auckland City planning regulations to design this 4 bedroomed luxury house.
The site had remained vacant for some years due to existing massing studies, which showed the site would only accommodate a 3 bed house. Through careful research and site investigations, we were able to design a large 4 bedroom, 2 living room family house.
The design incorporates many sustainable features, not least the use of a building material which not only insulates but provides thermal mass.
Natural ventilation and planted shading is used to cool the house in summer, and the concept of permaculture has been used to shelter the house from strong winds.
Facts + Figures
Location: Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand
Construction cost: NZD 1 million
Programme: Completed 2007
Project Team: Phil Smith, Tiffany Smith
Construction by: Bellclark Construction
Landscaper: Greenscene Landscaping Ltd
Interiors: Savory Construction
Image Credit: Tiffany Smith
- Private Home, TakapunaTiffany Smith2022-03-31T00:57:52+00:00
- Private Home, Whananaki NorthTiffany Smith2022-03-31T00:58:23+00:00
- Private Home, West Hampstead, LondonTiffany Smith2022-03-31T23:18:05+00:00
- Private Home, CumbriaTiffany Smith2022-03-31T23:30:46+00:00
- Private Home, West YorkshireTiffany Smith2022-03-31T23:35:23+00:00
- Private Home, SurreyTiffany Smith2022-03-31T23:43:31+00:00
- Private Home, Highgate, LondonTiffany Smith2022-03-31T23:43:39+00:00
- Private Home, New Kings Road, LondonTiffany Smith2022-04-01T00:19:08+00:00
- Private Home, West NorwoodTiffany Smith2022-04-01T00:16:14+00:00
- Private Home, RemueraTiffany Smith2022-04-01T01:07:50+00:00